Careers with Mid-Hudson Cable
Installer / Technician Service Professional Needed:
Mid-Hudson Cablevision is looking for an Installation/Cable Technician Professional to join its Technical team.
We offer a friendly, comfortable business environment. This position is located in our Catskill, NY location and is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
- – Installation and disconnection of Digital cable, high speed internet and cable phone
- – Maintain vehicle, tools and equipment needed to complete jobs
- – Perform service calls for troubleshooting customers service related issues
- – Working outdoors throughout the year
- – Lifting heavy objects up to 75 lbs, including ladder, toolbox, cable and all necessary equipment
- – Customer Service experience a must
- – A drive to present the BEST in customer service at all times.
- – Professional Appearance.
- – A clean, valid NYS driver’s license is a must.
- – Must be able to work varying 8 hour shifts from 8am – 8:30pm Monday-Friday including 8:30am-5pm on Saturdays.
Network System Engineer
Mid-Hudson Cablevision is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering excellent benefit packages, located in Catskill, NY seeking an experienced Network System Engineer. Please see the below for a detailed description of what we are looking for.
- Extensive and proven experience in server architectures, storage architectures, high availability clustering, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, project management, and have knowledge of best practices from large scale enterprise deployments
- Demonstrated knowledge in solving problems that are unique and complex, given time, budget, and resource constraints, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be available for on-call duty for after-hour coverage in support of system upgrades, system maintenance and system failures
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Upgrading data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation